Thursday 20 November 2014

Library visit

Books that are of interest in my research for my next big project.

Breaking the mould, New approaches to Ceramics;  Black Dog Publishing
Ceramic and the Human Figure, Edith Garcia
Living in Fairy Tale World, Mister Finch www.mister-finch.com

Mister Finch is a textile artist and creates these wonderful creatures from another world.   His influences are from the natural world and British Folklore.  Exactly what I am looking at in developing my Woodwife project.   Will post more information later about this.  

The work of Bonnie Kemske is also of interest to me.    She makes tactile forms that are about the interactions of the person and the form.  A performance rather than just a visual experience.  Her influences seem to stem from a spiritual source - Zen, and this is also something worth exploring.

Further research needed in the Library to continue to investigate ideas and develop future projects.






No comments:

Post a Comment