Thursday 5 November 2015

August, September, October

Where did the summer go.  It has been 3 months since I last posted on my blog.   Sorry It has taken me so long to write anything for ages.  The main reason is a struggle to motivate oneself,  September and October are always difficult months due to personal reasons and therefore I haven't been getting into the studio at all.   

However , now making a concerted effort and finally made my nieces piggy bank.  This is a work in progress, but has potential to make a nice gift for Christmas open house selling.  Will make a few different ones and see how they come out.  


I have some exciting new work I want to make, which include throwing some straight sided bowls, and drawing  / painting on these using my observational drawings.  Look forward to developing this work and exploring its for and direction.  Also have plans to continue my bird chatter work, but start using white clay.  I will have to rethink the decoration for the birds it will be exciting to experiment with different medium.

On apersonal note, after successfully designing my tiles for our hearth at home I have decided to make some for the fire surround, and watch this space to see how this designed progress for these.


No comments:

Post a Comment